Monday, September 6, 2010

No Employable Skills???

This is day 2 of my life as a blogger.  Don't really know if anyone is interested in what I have to say but this may be a way for me to understand what I feel.  Only time will tell!

Thoughts today have been on the economy and what I can do to help it and me survive.  Read an article that when jobs do return there may only be jobs for the upper and lower service providers and nothing in the middle.  Really hard to believe that after 35 years of being in the workforce I may no longer have employable skills??? I remember when manual labor was becoming a thing of the past and I felt relief as I had studied hard in school and had skills.  Gee what happened??

I am not the only person affected either.  Hubby and brother-in-law are in the same boats.  Who ever thought postal employees would fear for their jobs?  But same thing happened to Bethlehem Steel workers!  Guess we will all survive, others did, but the unknown is so scary.  Thought we were doing things so much better than my parents but guess we were wrong!

Guess this is enough for today as I am starting to depress myself.  If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. Carol, very interesting. Yes, what is this world coming to. Jobs are so scarse and what jobs us Americans do have are being shipped overseas for cheaper wagers. We all fear what the future holds for any of us.

    May I add to to my bolg? http://theworldinsueseyes.blogspot.com check it out. Let me know what you think also.

    ReplyDelete